Neural Networks XOR Tutorial

Multi-Layered Neural Network
nnview applet and source

So after a fierce battle with my own neurons,I am ready to release part II of my Processing series: “Neural Network!Huah!What is it good for?(Sing it again,now.)”

This example implements a multi-layered neural network that learns via “back propogation.” It’s specifically trained to solve XOR.In other words,there are two inputs and the desired result is input1 XOR input2.

0, 1 –> 1
1, 0 –> 1
0, 0 –> 0
1, 1 –> 0

The structure looks something like this:

However,I think there might be a flaw in my back propogation learning algorithm.For whatever reason,with the above neural structure,I can only successfully train my network (starting with random connection weights between -1 and 1) approximately 60% of the time. 11102006164For the other 40%,the network gets stuck and can’t find the proper solution.If I add two more neurons to the hidden layer,like so. . .

. . . it trains flawlessly,finding a reasonable solution space aftera few thousand training iterations 100% of the time (or at least as far as I can reasonably test.) What am I missing?

11102006163

Source: daniel shiffman

Cost estimation predictive modeling: regression versus neural network.: An article from: Engineering Economist
Book (Institute of Industrial Engineers, Inc. (IIE))

You might also like:

Introduction to Neural Networks for C# (Class 1/16, Part 3/3)
Introduction to Neural Networks for C# (Class 1/16, Part 3/3)
XOR modeling with Neural Network in DEVSimPy
XOR modeling with Neural Network in DEVSimPy
Neural network tutorial: The back-propagation algorithm (Part 2)
Neural network tutorial: The back-propagation algorithm (Part 2)

Your child is expected to be

2011-03-21 05:40:32 by dixiessmom

Supported by both parents. However, remember the other parent is supporting the child when she is there. They are feeding the child,paying for activities etc. Whether they have to provide any money to you depends on many factors.You should google the child support calculator for CA.I would first try to work out a parenting plan. If the child can only see the parent once a month,what can you offer in exchange? more time over the summer? extra school breaks? This is not a drastic change but be ready to make up for the lost time. Also, let the other parent know that any time they want to come to CA they are welcome and can go to the activities with the child

Treatment that gets on your nerves  — Irish Times
Your body contains a complex network of nerves, which are like electrical information highways, that plays an important role in how you sense the environment – and pain – and how and when parts of your body move. ... Funded through Science Foundation ...

Elsevier Analysis of freeway accident frequencies: Negative binomial regression versus artificial neural network [An article from: Safety Science]
Book (Elsevier)
LabVIEW XOR Neural Net
LabVIEW XOR Neural Net
Neural Network Tutorial - Ch. 10.1 Example: XOR-Gate (Part 1)
Neural Network Tutorial - Ch. 10.1 Example: XOR-Gate (Part 1)
Simultaneous Neural Network Simulation with multiple configuration on DEVSimPy
Simultaneous Neural Network Simulation with multiple configuration on DEVSimPy

Related posts:

  1. Neural Networks Tutorials
  2. Neural Networks Artificial
  3. Neural networks for stock
  4. Neural Networks Basic tutorial